Skin care is helping us enjoy our youthful skin for longer, but only if we are doing it properly. While having so many steps and products in our skin care routines we want to make sure we are getting the optimal amount of benefits from each product. The key is simple, we just need to follow an order and make sure that we are staying consistent on the laziest of days. You want to make sure your are layering your skin care products from the lightest formula to the heaviest because the thinnest product will absorb into your skin the fastest. Here are the steps in layering your skin care.
- Cleanser: removes dirt, makeup, and impurities without irritation
- Toner: provides skin with oxygen and hydrogen and helps removes dead skin cells
- Serum: applied before moisturizer to help lock in moisture. Packed with antioxidants such as vitamin A, C, and E.
- Moisturizer: reduces the chances of skin problems and helps your skin stay young.
- Oil: hydrates your skin, packed with anti-aging elements, and is done last because it helps all the products used in the previous steps work harder.
- SPF: sunscreen should be used at the end of your morning skin care routine. It should be a non-negotiable morning step and product.
You can end your skin care routine by using a chilled jade roller to give your skin a cooling effect and produce more collagen, improve the blood circulation on your face, plump and brighten your skin and reduce puffiness. Yes, this is time consuming but it is well worth it! Self-care is essential to leading a healthy and happy lifestyle.
By: Aisha Zaidi Bhatia
Aisha Zaidi Bhatia is a Journalism and Mass Communications student, passionate about global issues and human rights, aspires to be a journalist and raise awareness through her writing.