There is no actual key trait to success. Every path comes with it’s ups and downs, the way you pick yourself back up and keep moving forward will determine your success. However, there are common traits that successful individuals possess that you can train yourself on that will help you have the mind-set of a true winner.
- Faith- this may sound too cliché, but it definitely comes first for me. We all have our belief in someone or something whether it’s God, the universe, an idol, or any spiritual being. Your faith in your destiny will go a long way for you. Your faith that there is a superpower in control who gives you trials and hardships will also lead you through and give you happiness and ease. This will make your belief stronger in a sense that you will recognize that everything happens for a reason.
- Aspirations- One should always have set goals, whether they are small or big, knowing which direction you are headed and outlining how to get there will always help you. Your definite aim and the passion you put forth to reach your personal, physical, spiritual, and professional goals will give you a purpose in life.
- Optimism- No one likes a negative mindset, positivity is key for a successful life in every aspect. Positive vibes regarding yourself, your peers, your loved ones, your career, and everything in between will always keep you hopeful. Looking for the beauty in things and what went well rather than what went wrong will keep your mind healthy. What you put out into the universe is what you will get in return. Expect positive outcomes, strive for excellence and make sure you keep that mind pattern flowing.
- Self-control/self-reliance- Having control over your emotions during tough times can be hard and often leads to regret of wishing to do things differently. The way we react and control ourselves in situations shows just how much self-discipline we actually possess, which makes it easier to learn self-control. Learning to take accountability for our actions and accepting the truth will help us in difficult or unforeseen circumstances. Setting your priorities straight will give us the major quality of being self-reliant and sufficient which we can always hold pride for because we will know we are good enough for ourselves.
- Hard-work- Your diligent efforts in day to day life will help you become more productive and effective, which will lead to a better life-style. You will develop so many skills while being hard-working, such as mental toughness, self-discipline, and constant self-improvement. Like they say with hard-work and dedication, anything is possible!
By: Aisha Zaidi Bhatia
Aisha Zaidi Bhatia is a Journalism and Mass Communications student, passionate about global issues and human rights, aspires to raise awareness and make a change in the world through her writing