When it comes to skincare, either you’re all for it or you just don’t keep up, there’s no in-between. We all seem to learn the importance of having a skincare routine at different times in our lives, little do we know the earlier the better. Most dermatologists suggest that we start taking care of our skin and include anti-aging products in our skincare routine starting from as early as our 20’s.
There are so many types of categories for the types of anti-aging products in the market. Such as, cleansers, moisturizers, oils, creams, sunscreens and serums, all of these may contain one or more of the numerous anti-aging ingredients. Just a skincare enthusiast tip though, don’t forget to add sunscreen into your skincare routine, because any anti-aging product will not provide any benefit without sunscreen applied to your skin before or after your systematic and consistent skincare routine. Here are some of the top anti-aging ingredients, so if you see these ingredients in your products at home, your in good shape.
- Retinol- also known as Vitamin A, boosts the amount of collagen in your body and makes your skin look plump, which reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Vitamin C- powerful antioxidant, brightens your skin, protects your skin from free radicals in the air, and improves discoloration
- Hyaluronic acid- hydrates your skin, plumps your skin and traps in moisture to help keep in hydrated
- Lactic Acid- Firms and tightens the skin, brightens and even outs your complexion
- Niacinamide- minimizes enlarged pores, diminishes dullness, and tightens the skin
Now that you are aware of the best and most effective ingredients to look for in anti-aging products, here are the top 5 anti-aging serums in the market today according to Town and Country, Oprah, and Byrdie Magazine.
- SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic Serum- packed with vitamin c, brightens complexion, provides environmental protection, firms and lightens lines
- Tatcha Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Serum- packed with hyaluronic acid, hydrates and firms your skin
- Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum- packed with amino-peptides, smoothens complexion, hydrates and firms your skin
- Tata Harper Rejuvenating Anti-Aging Serum- clean, all natural, plant based ingredients, boosts moisture, gives you more plump skin
- Tula Skincare Firm up Deep Wrinkle Serum- powerful blend of probiotics and vitamin c, promotes healthy collagen production, and brightens skin.
By: Aisha Zaidi Bhatia
Aisha Zaidi Bhatia is a Journalism and Mass Communications student, passionate about global issues and human rights. Aspires to raise awareness through her writing