The internet no doubt plays a vital role today for digital marketers, especially when it comes to driving organic traffic to your website from web sources such as Google, Yahoo, and bing. So it comes as no surprise why a lot of businesses place great emphasis on SEO and its importance to the growth of your business.
SEO is absolutely necessary to upscale your business and outclass your competitors irrespective of the industry you belong to. SEO is the not-so-secret key to building a successful business empire.
In the sections to follow I’m going to explain to you how SEO works, the benefits associated with the proper usage of SEO, and how to maximize SEO for your business gain and profit. So keep reading.
Why does your business need SEO
SEO or Seach engine optimization is the process of using search engines to increase the amount of organic traffic driven to your website.
In simplier terms, SEO is the effective usage of search engines to increase your website ranking online and improve your visibility.
What makes SEO a very powerful marketing tool is the fact that is it the cheapest type of advertising you can get. Yes, you read right.
You don’t need to spend a huge amount of money to improve your Search engine results page (SERPs) ranking unlike other forms of digital marketing.
This is why SEO is absolutely necessary, especially for small business owners that are still trying to get their foot out the door.
The relationship between SEO and content marketing is quite clear, as SEO is a marketing tool/strategy that helps you exploit the content marketing space for your benefit.
One way this can be done is through the use of SEO keywords. SEO keywords are specific words or phrases added to your website content in order to improve its search engine ranking.
These keywords are commonly used phrases by people like you and me on a daily basis whenever we’re searching for something online. There is no SEO without keywords.
Because you can only rank higher when your content includes words that people search for online. It’s as simple as that.
Importance/ Benefits Of SEO In Marketing
This article wouldn’t really be complete without touching on the benefits of SEO. It’s common human nature for people to learn what they can gain from something before investing in it.
In this case, what you’ll be investing is your time. So here are some major benefits of using SEO in your website content.
- SEO improves your sales: It is not hard to figure out the fact that more online visibility increases the number of clicks to your website.
This in turn can increase your amount of potential customers must, especially for people in the e-commerce industry. This is basically the major rule behind advertising.
- Assistance in building brand credibility and authority: In this day and age, word of mouth means everything, or word of text in this case.
Customers are more likely to trust your brand and services if they can see search engines trust you enough to rank you as number one on their results page. The same goes for improving your business authority.
- Spend less, gain more: SEO can arguably be called the best form of online marketing. Because you only invest a little amount of money, time, and resources.
Clearing up manpower and resources so that you can focus on other aspects of your business.
- Globalization: When SEO is properly utilized, we’re no longer talking about marketing to the people in your town or community. No, we’re talking about a global audience.
You get to reach customers from all over the globe at the click of a button. Increasing the widespread popularity of your business and brand.
How to properly maximize SEO
Another great thing about SEO is that it is relatively easy to use and learn. With a few tips, just about anyone can become an SEO expert.
- Research: Research has the potential of becoming a man’s best friend. You need to find what exactly people are looking for, so you can give them just that.
Learn the type of SEO strategies available to you and the tools you can use to implement these strategies.
- Invest: A lot of business owners are scared of investing a little money, the truth is if you don’t invest money there’s a good chance you won’t gain money.
Purchase that tool, do that test run, and hire that expert if you can’t do it yourself. Do any and everything you can to get the best out of SEO.
- Link building: Link building exists for a reason, and this is it. This can be done by using backlinks to link your website to other higher-ranking websites so you can increase your visibility.
- Keywords, keywords, keywords: I cannot stress the importance of keywords enough. Because if you use complex words or phrases that no one searches about in your content, you cannot expect anyone to find them.
Even if you spend thousands of hours carefully crafting a masterpiece, no one really cares so far as you’re not giving readers what they came for. This is the harsh truth all marketers have to face.
The huge takeaway here is that SEO is here to stay, so the choice is left for you to either exploit it to your advantage or risk being left behind and over-shadowed by your competitors.
Clara Awuse is a professional copywriter/content writer. She prides herself on being a diverse writer, capable of writing in any tone of voice. Outside writing she love reading, most especially books on human psychology.