The iPhone 13 came out last September, but there’s already quite a bit of hype surrounding the new iPhone 14. People are wondering about its release date and specifications and waiting to get their hands on it.
First of all, the new iPhone 14 is not due to launch until around September of this year. Let’s start off by saying Apple has not actually come out and said anything official about the new iPhone 14 just yet. So although nothing is quite official, we thought we would do some investigating for ourselves.
As huge fans of the iPhone 13 model and all its specs, we have nothing but great expectations for the iPhone 14. So let’s dive into the rumors of what we have heard about the new iPhone 14.
1.Let’s start off with the design, we believe that the iPhone 14, is due for a huge overwhelming new design. It could look very different from all the other prior iPhones as well. In September 2021, Jon Prosser, of FrontPageTech, offered a closer look to iPhone 14 specs, and stated that the next Apple phone could have titanium edges. If Jon Prosser is correct about this, it would make the iPhone 14 very sturdy and tough, perhaps the most tough phone Apple has come out with to date.
2. It is believed that when Apple launches the iPhone 14, they will be set to launch four different devices this year. Including what could be a new and possibly affordable iPhone Max, that could possibly replace the iPhone Mini.
3. Here’s what our research showed the models would go about:
- iPhone 14 – 6.1-inch display
- iPhone 14 Max – 6.7-inch display
- iPhone 14 Pro – 6.1-inch 120Hz display
- iPhone 14 Pro Max – 6.7-inch 120Hz display
4. Apple may get rid of the unsightly camera notches on the iPhone X, and have a more sleek “hole and pin” design. In which, each hole would have a different purpose.
5. This new design is expected to only be a feature on the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max. The more affordable iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Max we believe could stick with the same cutout as the iPhone 13 range, for at least a bit longer, or perhaps even next year.
6. Another rumor we heard was that this design would possibly get rid of the touch ID altogether, and that they will stop the fingerprint sensor all the way. Which means we would probably not see the fingerprint touch ID feature we’ve often seen on the previous iPhones with the new iPhone 14.
7. The iPhone 14 could also get rid of the physical SIM cards you know very well as tiny little cards for each and everyone’s phone. Which means there could be an option to eSIM cards.
8. Some leaked sources state that the iPhone 14 could be bulkier, and if that’s the case there could be a thicker camera bump to make room for the 48MP main camera sensor.
9. There’s also rumors of Apple’s first foldable phone. We know that Apple has tested the prototype, but do we know for sure if they will come out with it? Again, these are just rumors.
10. We also believe that the storage and power will increase as well, as we see with each iPhone that comes out. Some rumors have us believe that there will be a serious power boost into this device, including some powerful graphics.
These are all of course just rumours in which we hope that at the very least some are true, and we would expect to see them later this year, we hope. Since the ongoing global chip shortage, there is also no telling for certainty that these cool new features will come due to it. This pandemic has slowed the production of anything from game consoles to smartphones, and even some vehicles as well. As a result there is some talk that Apple may stick to the 5nm chip just like the iPhone 13 has, which if you ask us, just sounds like a backup plan.
What do you think of these possible new changes for the newest iPhone 14?
Blanca Harris, enjoys spending time with her family, plants, animals. She has two dogs and a turtle whom she loves dearly. She spends most of her time reading and gardening. She also enjoys writing on her free time.